- Half lb of white chicken meat (flattened and cut in small strips)
- Half red onion (finely chopped)
- Four medium-sized grapevine tomatoes (coarsely grated or finely hand-chopped)
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Half teaspoon of the Dance Spice Blend
- Two tablespoons of crushed green chili paste
Up to 4 when enjoyed with rice or flat bread. I recommend flat bread or the veggie rice pilaf. Wheat flat bread can be bought at almost any store's ethnic food section. Or just use the pita bread as an alternative.
- Heat a 3 to 4 quart pan with oil and add the finely chopped onions. As the onions caramelize, add the dance spice followed by (a minute later) grated tomatoes.
- Turn the heat to medium, cover the pan and let it cook for 15 minutes. I recommend stirring every 5 minutes so the tomatoes do not scorch at the bottom.
- Fifteen minutes later, you will notice that little pools of oil have separated from nice and smooth tomato gravy. Now add the chicken and the green chili paste.
- Add half a cup of water, cover the pan and let it simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes at medium heat. Covering is paramount for two reasons. To keep the steam in and not let too much water evaporate and more importantly, you do not want to have the whole stove covered with red droplets.
- Turn the stove off, stir your yum spicy escalopes and taste some spice heaven. Eat with rice and garnish with some coriander or mint leaves.